Park Crescent Mews West, approached through an entrance under a building on Harley Street, is a through road in Westminster, behind Devonshire Mews North and parallel to Devonshire Mews West, other original/ surviving Mews. There are 10 properties in the Mews, used for commercial purposes.
Between October 1940 and June 1941, a high explosive bomb is recorded falling onto the central section of Harley Street, not far from the Mews. The area was noted as being fairly comfortable with good, ordinary household earnings when the London Poverty Maps were first published.
Park Crescent Mews West is situated to the north of the Harley Street Conservation Area in Westminster. First designated in 1968, the area is now dominated by terraced houses of different periods and different levels of social status. It retains a substantial medical presence, whilst offices predominate to the eastern edges.
The Mews properties consist of two storeys with plain or painted brickwork facades and roofs hidden behind parapet walls. Some of the garages present are intact and the road surface is tarmacadam.
The original purpose of the Mews was to provide stable/ coach house accommodation to the main houses in Park Crescent. Now, it is used primarily for commercial purposes.
A few planning applications have been made before and since 2003, mainly concerning internal and external alterations to the properties. Conservation Area controls now apply to new development in the Mews.