Golborne Mews is a cobbled cul-de-sac off Portobello Road in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It contains 8 properties used for residential purposes.
When the London Poverty Maps were published, the area was noted as having poor living conditions with lower than average household salaries.
The Mews is part of the ‘Oxford Gardens’ Conservation Area. Designated in 1975 to include the St Quintin Estate, Oxford Gardens, Bassett Road and Cambridge Gardens, the Conservation Area contains very few listed buildings and can be split into three districts containing developments spanning from 1897 to after 1905.
The two storey properties have gable and pitched roof styles and a mixture of plain and painted brickwork facades. Parking is restricted along the cobbled road, with raised pavements.
Originally the stable house accommodation for the main houses on the surrounding streets, the primary purpose of the Mews properties is now residential.
Before and since 2003 there have been no successful planning applications made for alterations to the properties in Golbourne Mews.
Conservation Area controls now apply to new development in the Mews.