Devonshire Mews North is a cobbled cul-de-sac off Devonshire Street in Westminster, directly opposite Devonshire Close another original/ surviving Mews. The Mews contains 5 properties and is used for residential purposes. Devonshire Close opposite was called Devonshire Mews East from 1899 to 1934 and before that was the Cape of Good Hope Mews. The two Mews differ greatly in size, Devonshire Close being one of the biggest Mews in the area and Devonshire Mews North being tiny in comparison with only 5 properties.
Between October 1940 and June 1941, a high explosive bomb is recorded falling onto the central section of Harley Street, not far from the Mews. The area was noted as being fairly comfortable with good, ordinary household earnings when the London Poverty Maps were first published.
Devonshire Mews North is situated to the north of the Harley Street Conservation Area in Westminster. First designated in 1968, the area is now dominated by terraced houses of different periods and different levels of social status. It retains a substantial medical presence, whilst offices predominate to the eastern edges.
Four of the properties in the Mews are two-storey with dormer windows, all heavily altered. One property stands out, being low with a flat roof and bay windows. The Mews is not closed at the end but open to views of the mid-20th century flat block behind.
There have been a few planning applications made since 2003, notably use of the premises of one property for medical purposes and the excavation of a basement. Conservation Area controls now apply to any new development in the Mews.