Chippenham Mews is a cobbled through road between Chippenham Road and Marylands Road in Westminster. The Mews contains 64 properties used for both residential and commercial purposes.
Between October 1940 and June 1941, a high explosive bomb is recorded falling onto Chesham Mews, off Belgrave Mews West, meaning many of the properties had to be rebuilt so any evidence of previous equestrian usage is not present. The area was noted as having a mixture of living standards when the London Poverty Maps were first published. Some households were considered normal for the time whilst others were deemed poorer in comparison.
Chippenham Mews is not part of a Conservation Area. It is made up of two storey properties with a mixture of painted and rendered brickwork. The roofs vary between mansard and pitched and there are raised party walls. The Mews also has modern buildings along the cobbled road as well as the traditional Mews properties.
The original purpose of the Mews was to provide stabling for the surrounding properties on Harrow Road but nowadays they are primarily used for residential purposes although some commercial activity still remains. There have been many planning applications made prior to and since 2003, notably roof extensions and changes to the fenestration and exteriors of the properties.