Melon Place is a cul-de-sac off Kensington Church Street in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Melon Place contains 3 properties used for residential purposes.
At some point between October 1940 and June 1941, a high explosive bomb fell onto Hornton Street, west of the Mews. The Mews was noted as having comfortable living conditions with ordinary household earnings for the time when the London Poverty Maps were first published. The Mews is part of the ‘Kensington Palace’ Conservation Area.
The two and four storey properties have plain or painted brickwork facades with mansard and parapet roof styles, surrounded by a tarmacadam road surface.
Originally the stable/ coach house accommodation for the main houses on the surrounding streets, the primary purpose of the Mews properties is now residential.
There are no records of any planning applications being made for alterations to the properties within the Mews. Conservation Area controls apply to any new development in the Mews.