Kendrick Place is a Mews Style through road off Old Brompton Road/ Reece Mews (leading to Reece Mews and Kendrick Mews and opposite Barnaby Place, all original/ surviving Mews) in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It contains 3 properties used for residential and commercial purposes.
At some point between October 1940 and June 1941, a high explosive bomb fell onto Manson Place, south-west of Reece Mews. The Mews was noted as having comfortable living conditions with an ordinary standard of living when the London Poverty Maps were first published.
The Mews is part of Kensington’s ‘Thurloe Estate/ Smith’s Charity’ Conservation Area. One of Kensington’s largest and first to be designated Conservation Areas, it contains Late Georgian Terraces and Victorian Terraces; most of which were built between 1840 and 1880.
No details have been recorded about the properties in Kendrick Place but in Kendrick Mews, the two and three storey properties have plain or painted brickwork facades, a variety of mansard, pitched and flat roof styles and are surrounded by a cobbled road surface.
Before and since 2003 there have been a few planning applications made for alterations to the properties in Kendrick Mews nearby, most notably; alterations to the fenestration and change of use of some of the properties to residential hostels.