Warwick Place North is a Mews Style through road off Warwick Way in Westminster. The street contains 4 properties used for residential and commercial purposes.
In World War II, a high explosive bomb fell directly onto Eccleston Square Mews, an original/ surviving Mews that Warwick Place North leads to and the properties had to be rebuilt as a result. When the London Poverty Maps were published, the area was described as being comfortable with normal household earnings.
Warwick Place North is situated within Westminster City Council’s Pimilico Conservation Area. Constructed over a short period (1830’s to 1870’s), the area has a layout of formal streets and squares, lined by terraces of houses in the Classical tradition. The mews are situated behind the squares and fill in the street blocks. They are characterised by a more intimate setting than the main streets and are often entered through an archway. The buildings typically consist of two storeys and are generally scaled width-wise to the same size as the main properties that they are linked to.
The three storey properties in the street have plain brickwork facades, with mansard roof styles surrounded by a tarmacadam road surface.
There have been a small amount of planning applications made prior to, and since 2003, mainly basement extensions and the change of use of a property from hotel purposes to residential. The properties have no equine history and are Mews in style only. Conservation Area controls now apply to any new development in the street.