Kelfield Mews is a redeveloped cul-de-sac off Kelfield Gardens in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Kelfield Mews contains 5 properties used for residential, commercial and public purposes.
The Aggregate Night Time Bomb Census recorded a High Explosive Bomb falling directly onto the Mews between October 7th 1940 and June 6th 1941, causing significant damage to the properties.
The Mews is part of the ‘Oxford Gardens’ Conservation Area. Designated in 1975 to include the St Quintin Estate, Oxford Gardens, Bassett Road and Cambridge Gardens, the Conservation Area contains very few listed buildings and can be split into three districts containing developments spanning from 1897 to after 1905.
The two storey properties have plain brickwork facades and a mixture of pitched and parapet roof styles surrounded by a cobbled road surface.
Originally the stable/ coach house accommodation for the main houses on the surrounding streets, the purpose of the Mews properties is now a mixture of commercial and residential.
Before and since 2003 there have been very few planning applications made for alterations to the properties in the Mews. Conservation Area controls apply to any new development in the Mews.