Situated to the west of London in Hammersmith and Fulham, is Stanlake Mews; a gated cul-de-sac off Stanlake Villas. The Mews contains very few properties used for commercial purposes. It is located on the site of an original Mews but has been re-developed to a degree that it no longer contains any surviving Mews properties.
The Mews is not part of a Conservation Area. When the London Poverty Maps were first published, the area was deemed to have a mixture of poorer and comfortable living conditions.
The one and two storey properties have a mixture of timber and painted brickwork facades and pitched and flat roof styles, surrounded by a tarmacadam road surface.
The original purpose of the Mews was to provide stable/ coach house accommodation for the main houses on the surrounding streets but nowadays the properties are used as workshops and warehouses, with only one original building remaining. In 1958, 11 garages were built on the Mews site.
There have been a few planning applications made for alterations to the properties within the Mews both before and since 2003; extensions to the warehouses for office use and the continued use as a warehouse.