Situated in South-West London in the Borough of Wandsworth, is Crombie Mews; a gated cul-de-sac approached through an entrance under a building on Abercrombie Road. The Mews contains properties used for commercial purposes. It is located on the site of an original Mews but has been re-developed to a degree that it no longer contains any surviving Mews properties.
The Mews is not part of a Conservation Area. A high explosive bomb fell directly onto the Mews in World War II and when the London Poverty Maps were first published, the area was deemed to have a mixture of comfortable and poorer living conditions.
The two storey properties have painted brickwork facades and pitched roof styles, surrounded by a tarmacadam road surface with no garages and restricted parking.
The original purpose of the Mews was to provide stable/ coach house accommodation for the main houses on the surrounding streets and nowadays they are predominantly used for commercial purposes. The entire Mews was redeveloped after 1887 along with the surrounding properties in Lavender Hill.