Boyne Terrace Mews is a cul-de-sac off Lansdowne Road in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, opposite Lansdowne Mews which also contains redeveloped Mews buildings. It contains 11 properties used for residential purposes.
At some point between October 1940 and June 1941, a high explosive bomb fell onto Lansdown Road, not far from Boyne Terrace Mews. The Mews was noted as having comfortable living conditions with ordinary household earnings for the time when the London Poverty Maps were first published, though some households were slightly poorer in comparison.
The Mews is part of Kensington’s ‘Ladbroke’ Conservation Area; designated in 1969, it is situated in the Notting Hill area of North Kensington and predominantly contains Victorian classical architecture around large garden squares.
The two and three storey properties have plain brickwork facades with mansard and pitched roof styles, surrounded by a tarmacadam road surface and raised pavements. There are also raised party walls to be seen in the Mews.
Originally the stable/ coach house accommodation for the main houses on Holland Park Avenue, the primary purpose of the Mews properties is now residential.
Before and since 2003 there have been a few planning applications made for alterations to the properties in the Mews; most notably, changes to the fenestration, single storey rear extensions and the complete demolition and rebuilding in Mews-style of one of the properties. Conservation Area controls apply to any new development in the Mews.