Adrian Mews is located on the site of an original Mews but has been re-developed to a degree that it no longer contains any surviving Mews properties. It is a cobbled cul-de-sac approached through an entrance under a building on Ifeild Road in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It contains 7 properties used for residential purposes.
In 1940, a high explosive bomb is recorded falling onto Ifield Road, not far from the Mews. When the London Poverty Maps were published, the area was noted as having a mixture of comfortable living conditions with average household salaries to poorer residences.
The Mews is part of Kensington’s ‘The Boltons’ Conservation Area; one of the more attractive of Kensington,s 32 Conservation Areas, it was designated in January 1970 and since extended to contain Dove Mews in the east and Seymour Walk in the south.
The two and three storey properties have mansard, flat and parapet roof styles and a mixture of plain and painted brickwork facades. Parking varies between allocated and restricted along the cobbled cul-de-sac and there are intact garages present.
Before and since 2003 there have been very few planning applications made for alterations to the properties in Adrian Mews; most notably concerning new roof lights and the change of use of a former church hall to a photographic studio.
Conservation Area controls now apply to new development in the Mews.